Sunday 20 May 2012

St. Ives, Elements, Microdermabrasion Scrub: Review


I've had this scrub for over a year and I can't believe it has taken me so long to do a review on it. First of all let me say I love this scrub!!

The Claims: The micro-fine mineral crystals are meant to smooth away dead skin and reveal younger looking skin. It feels like you are rubbing sand on your face, but before you say that sounds too harsh for me, imagine ultra fine white sand found only on a luxury beach gently buffing away any dead flaky skin you have and leaving behind baby soft skin. That is what it feels like. 




I often suffer from extremely flaky skin, not really sensitive just flaky and often I find that makeup can just build up around the flaky patches, making them show up more. This scrub removes all signs of this so effortlessly and makeup will sit perfectly on my skin after using it. 

I have found that you really don't need much of this product a little goes a long away, it is a gel like formula with a lot of ultra fine crystals and spread across the skin easily, so you really get your moneys worth. The only down side to it is there are so many crystals you really have to make sure you wash them all off, often I'll find some crystals afterwards when I am trying to apply cream and it can get very scratchy on the skin. 

I haven't tried any kind of microdermabrasion treatments so I could not tell you how they compare, but as a scrub, I think it is really great.

I can't remember the price of this as I bought it so long ago, but I think it was quite a reasonable price so if you're looking for something to really scrub away your dry skin, I'd definitely recommend giving this a try.

What are your must have skin care items? 

No comments:

Post a Comment